Monday 14 October 2013

I am a mna, NOT a fír! ...I think.

TY's visited the Pádraig Pearse Museum in Rathfarnham a few weeks ago.
We travelled there by bus and the rain poured down as we strolled up the beautiful autumnal avenue. We were split into groups and we were taken on separate tours. My group went on the tour of the house first. My favourite room was his study because it had a bust of William Shakespeare and a mask of Robert Emmet in it. It also had a telephone, and at the time, Pádraig Pearse's phone number was 8! I thought that was really interesting.
After break, we went on a nature walk. I didn't find that particularly interesting, but I enjoyed smelling the lavender!
Then we had lunch and that was my favourite part. The café that was there sold crepes and they were delicious. They put loads of maple syrup on it and heated it up and I would have got another one if I had the money. I also bought an ice pop and talked to other TYs.

I then found myself in some difficulty. The bathrooms were labelled in Irish, and I didn't know if I was a Fír or a Mná. I shouted up to some of the girls who were up on a hill, and they aided me in my dire situation.
All was well after that.

After lunch it was time to go home, and we were back on the bus after another short walk down the avenue.

That's all for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment